Terms and Conditions for the FIFA World Cup™ Celebration Contests on Facebook
Terms and Conditions of the FIFA World Cup™ Celebration Contest on Facebook (the “Contest”). When you enter and participate in the Contest, you accept that you participate in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Organised by: Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA Strasse 20, P.O. Box 8044, Zürich Switzerland ("FIFA").
1. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to entrants who are at least fourteen (14) years of age as at the date of their entry into the Contest and who do not reside in a country where the applicable legislation prohibits the setting up of, and/or entry into, the Contest. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of FIFA, including its subsidiaries, and members of any of their immediate families (i.e. spouses/partners, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren or children) are not eligible to enter the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. FIFA will run three (3) versions of the Contest from the period 21 June to 31 July 2016. The specific dates for each such version of the contest shall be decided at FIFA’s sole discretion. Each such version of the Contest shall run for fourty eight (48) hours from the time of the initial post on the FIFA World Cup™ Facebook account. The Contest shall be accessible via the FIFA World Cup™ Facebook account located at http://www.facebook.com/fifaworldcup
3. Participation. In order to be able to participate in the Contest, each entrant will be required to post a response to a FIFA Facebook post about either an activity or a question related to the FIFA World Cup™. Each participant shall automatically be entered into the Contest simply by posting their response to the FIFA World Cup™ Facebook account. All users may only participate once in each respective Contest and multiple entries to the Contest shall be deemed void. Participation in the Contest does not create a contractual relationship with FIFA.
4. Limitation. The use of any automated software or multiple accounts is prohibited.
5. Winners and prizes. From the time a question is posted on the FIFA World Cup™ Facebook page, eligible participants will have fourty eight (48) hours to post their answer to the FIFA World Cup™ Facebook account. All entries that correctly answer the posted question will automatically be entered into a randomly selected prize draw. One (1) winner of each version of the Contest will be entitled to receive the grand prize. Two (2) runner-up prizes shall also be awarded in respect of each version of the Contest . The details of the prizes can be found <a href=" http://www.fifa.com/theclub/news/newsid=2802763/index.html">here.
6. Conditions to claim a prize. Each prize winner will be notified by FIFA via its FIFA World Cup™ Facebook account. In order to be a winner and to claim a prize, each prize winner will be required to sign and return to FIFA an Affidavit of Eligibility and Authorization (the "Affidavit") within fourty eight (48) hours of having been notified by FIFA. If a winner is a minor in his or her country of residence, the prize will be awarded to the minor’s parents or legal guardian, who must sign and return the Affidavit on behalf of the winner. Please note that the Affidavit will also require the consent of the winner (or the winner’s parent or legal guardian, as appropriate) to have FIFA use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation. If a winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and/or return the requested document within the specified time period, the winner shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the opportunity to be a winner and claim their prize. The next randomly drawn user in line shall be deemed the winner.
7. Cancellation. FIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, in particular if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond FIFA’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. FIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any user it finds to be tampering with FIFA’s Facebook account, the participation process or the operation of the Contest.
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. FIFA is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; or (4) the prejudice resulting from any of the events listed under (1) to (3).
9. Privacy. Personal information collected by FIFA during the Contest will be limited to each user’s Facebook profile name and, in respect of the winners only, their email addresses. Such email addresses shall only be used so as to enable FIFA to conveniently communicate with each winner. These email addresses shall be deleted by FIFA once the Contest terminates.
10. Interpretation. The rules of the Contest have originally been drafted in English and have subsequently been translated into other languages. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and the translated texts, the English text shall prevail and shall be used to solve doubts of interpretation.
11. Governing Law. The rules of the Contest and one’s participation in the Contest shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland, to the exclusion of its rules on conflict of laws. Any claim arising out of or related to the participation in the Contest shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary Court of the Canton of Zürich.
12. The Contest is not, in any way, sponsored, supported, endorsed or organized by Facebook, Inc.
One (1) grand prize winner shall win each of the following:
1. a set of seventeen (17) iconic cards illustrating each of the official posters for each FIFA World Cup™ staged from 1930 to 2002;
2. the “World Champions” DVD which includes over 90 minutes of personal stories from players who have lifted the FIFA World Cup™ trophy, including Argentina's FIFA World Cup™ hero Jorge Burruchaga, the scorer of the winning goal in the 1986 Final ; and
3. the official FIFA World Cup™ collection of films. The 15 -disc FIFA World Cup™ DVD box set chronicles the FIFA World Cup™ from 1930 to 2006.
Two (2) runners-up shall each win the official FIFA World Cup™ collection of films. The 15 -disc FIFA World Cup™ DVD box set chronicles the FIFA World Cup™ from 1930 to 2006.